Biyork (“the Company”) is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our clients/customers, employees and other stakeholders who enter our premises or access our information. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), Customer Service Standard, and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation for Information and Communications, Employment, and Transportation. Our organization has made a commitment to being increasingly accessible not only because it is a legal obligation, but also because it aligns with our values. We believe we have an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance with accessibility legislation by incorporating policies, procedures, and training for employees. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Ensuring that employees, who develop policies, hire/manage staff and/or provide goods and services to customers are aware of the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
- Ensuring that our employment practices including (but not limited to) recruitment, candidate evaluation, and selection provide accommodation as needed and that employees and applicants are aware that accommodation is available;
- Ensuring that our emergency response plan includes accommodations for any employee requiring it, and that these plans are available upon request;
- Ensuring that individual workplace accommodation plans are developed and implemented as required;
- Ensuring our compliance with the Customer Service Standard; and
- Ensuring our compliance with the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, including the development and implementation of a multi-year plan addressing how our company intends to continually improve in terms of accessibility for all.